MS3D ViewerMS3D file viewer for S60 Tweet
MilkShape MS3D Viewer displays MS3D files as you open them from your file browser.
- Beast model:
- File browser:
- Supported model format: MS3D
- Supported texture format: TGA, BMP, JPEG, PNG and other format supported by your phone.
- Multiple cameras
- Camera manipulation: Field Of View, Look at, position, far and near plan.
- Basic lightning
- Skeletal animation with ranges support
- Version 1.x should run fine on any S60 3rd, Symbian^1 and Symbian^3 devices supporting OpenGL|ES 1.1. It will run much faster if your phone has a Graphics Processing Unit.
- Version 2.x should run fine on any Symbian^1 and Symbian^3 devices supporting OpenGL|ES 2.0.
- Nokia 701
- Nokia E7-00
- Nokia N8-00
- Nokia N95
- Nokia E90 Communicator
- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - Last tested using v1.04(48)
- Nokia N96 - Last tested using v1.03(14)
- Nokia 6220 - Last tested using v1.02(82)
- Nokia E71 - Last tested using v1.02(74)
- Samsung I8910 - Last tested using v1.05(76)
- Nokia N97 - Last tested using v1.04(48)
- Sony Ericsson Satio - Last tested using v1.04(57)
- Sony Ericsson Vivaz Pro - Last tested using v2.00(97)
- With the default camera use the keys
2to obtain zoom in and zoom out effects.
- You can change the camera settings by using the numeric keypad.
- You can change the camera settings you control by using the key
*toggles model rotation around Y axis.
#key toggles camera info display.
- Joystick verticals let you change the camera.
- Joystick horizontals let you change the animation move if any.
- On devices with full keyboard you can use 'I' and 'O' keys for zooming in and out.
- You can further customise your viewer by editing the file
milkshapeviewer.inifrom the directory
- You can edit that configuration file directly from your phone by using a text editor such as LightNotepad.
- To improve your frame rate on animated model make sure you select the 'Compute frames' option from the menu.
- Computing your frames will improve runtime performance but use up large amount of memory.
- Touch screen support:
- Quick gestures will send your model spinning.
- Simply tap the screen to immobilize your model.
- Tap and hold for one second will give you control of the camera position.
- You can define animation moves by formatting the built-in model comment as follow. Take a look at the provided Ninja example:
[Moves] walk = 0;32 run = 33;64 go_left = 65;96 go_right = 97;128
- Viewer file associations won't work unless you install DataTypeRegistry.
- Viewer file associations might not be working properly until you reboot your device.
- Rare "Unable to delete file!" error message upon reinstallation/uninstallation. Close any running file explorer application and retry until it works.
- Some BMP (4bbp uncompressed, 16bpp, 24bpp RLE) are not supported.
- Color mapped TGA are not supported.
- Some JPEGs are not supported by our
libjpegport, however at a couple of seconds cost the Symbian ICL loads them just fine.
- Screen switch on Samsung I8910 triggers model reload.
- Version 2.x sometimes runs at one frame per seconds in landscape mode on Sony-Ericsson Satio, Vivaz, Vivaz Pro and Samsung I8910.
- Version 2.x does not render materials and lights properly.
application/ms3dfile association with MS3D Viewer but that would only work from Y-Browser itself. If you are upgrading from v1.00(0) or older to a newer version you first need to uninstall the software before installing the newer version. Failing to do so will give you an 'Update error!' failure upon installation. MS3D Viewer 1.06(13). MS3D Viewer 2.00(97).
|v1.06(13)||13 Nov 2010|| Adding an option to disable textures.
Toggle menu items now change their text when actioned.
Various other menu improvements.
|v1.06(8)||12 Nov 2010|| Benefits from refactoring done for OpenGL ES 2.0 port.
Minor fixes for better performance and render on Nokia N8-00.
|v2.00(97)||15 Aug 2010|| Axis now drawing with colours and without depth testing.
Fixing issue where smooth zoom effect after opening the model will not occur.
Improved loading sequences fluidity.
Adding 'I' and 'O' full keyboard shortcut for zooming in and out.
|v2.00(36)||27 July 2010|| One can enable post processing effects through
|v2.00(9)||19 July 2010|| First version using OpenGL ES2 APIs.
Shader program can be changed at runtime.
One can easily implement and run it's own Shader program.
|v1.05(78)||10 May 2010||Fixing various issues regarding cameras when using multiple viewports.|
|v1.05(76)||08 May 2010|| Supports touch feedback on S60 5th edition devices.
Supports multiple viewports through 'Split views' in the 'Options' menu.
|v1.05(54)||06 May 2010|| Adding VBO switch in Options menu.
Animated models now loads much faster.
Adding rotating camera and using it by default.
Adding Zoom options to Camera menu and fancy zoom effect after loading the model.
|v1.05(36)||05 May 2010|| Direct Touch UI.
Supports Wire Frame rendering from Options menu.
|v1.05(25)||22 Apr 2010|| Improved animation menu.
Workaround Samsung Omnia HD i8910 issue with screen switch by forcing full reload.
|v1.05(17)||08 Feb 2010|| Supports a lot more texture formats through Symbian Image Conversion Library.
Fixing minor defects.
|v1.05(8)||05 Feb 2010|| Adding support for animation ranges or moves.
Adding animation menu providing control for speed, sense and mode: cycle or loop back.
Adding 'Reset cameras' option.
Providing ninja model from Psionic as animation moves example.
|v1.04(57)||21 Sep 2009|| Upgrading to libjpeg v7.0.
JPEG texture loader won't print to stdio anymore.
Failing to load JPEG texture won't close the application anymore.
|v1.04(48)||11 Aug 2009|| FPS more stable.
Improved start-up time.
Improved progress bar for loading.
Added progress bar for frames computing.
Added menus fade in effect.
Fixed touch screen sensibility regression.
|v1.04(7)||04 Aug 2009|| Shows progress bar during loading.
Provides seven cameras focused on your model.
Failing to load a texture is no longer critical.
Various stability and responsiveness improvements.
|v1.03(24)||18 Jul 2009|| Minor jpeg support improvement.
Camera far plan and light position adjusted by auto focus.
Blending enabled by default.
Can now load model with upper case texture file extension.
|v1.03(14)||09 Jul 2009|| Adding support for BMP RLE4 and RLE8 texture formats.
Fixing issue with relative texture path prefixed with ".\".
|v1.03(2)||06 Jul 2009||Support for PNG textures.|
|v1.02(82)||05 Jun 2009||Fixing regression crash when trying to load a model without material.|
|v1.02(74)||03 Jun 2009|| Fixed N96 crashes.
Info displayed at the top by default.
Options menus improvements.
|v1.02(32)||01 Jun 2009|| Much better touch screen usability.
Support on-screen soft keys.
|v1.02(2)||27 May 2009|| Support phones without GPU out of the box.
Support for touch screen.
|v1.01(19)||22 May 2009||Better camera auto focus.|
|v1.01(14)||20 May 2009|| No need for Symbian Signed Online anymore.
Camera auto focus.
Fixed panic on Reload.
Support multiple application instances.
|v1.00(0)||30 Jan 2009||Removing dependency on OpenC PIPS.|
|v0.09(0)||28 Jan 2009||Support for JPEG textures.|
|v0.08(0)||02 Jan 2009|| Support materials without texture file.
Support relative file path for textures.
Enable model loading from any directory.
|v0.07(0)||22 Nov 2008|| Improved performance on animated model with multiple groups.
Support for triangle count.
Support for precomputed frames.
Provided beast model now only has 22 frames.
|v0.06(0)||10 Oct 2008||First release.|
MS3D file viewer for S60
MilkShape MS3D file viewer for S60 3rd edition devices and the Symbian platform.