- Easy data type registration using plain text file.
- Data Types application showing all data types thus registered.
- To register data types you simply need to install data types registration file in the registry directory:
- Data types registration files must be plain text.
- Data types registration files content's must be formatted according to the examples below.
- Data types registration files should be named using your application UID to avoid name conflict.
- Single registration file can contain multiple data types registration.
[DataType::application/dummyextension] Extension = myext [DataType::application/dummysignature] Signature = MySignature Offset = 10Here is a concrete example for registration of MS3D file:
[DataType::application/ms3d] Extension = ms3d Signature = MS3D000000 Offset = 0
- Initially scans the registry directory for valid registrations files and parses them.
- Rescan the registry directory when changes are detected on the file system.
- Extension check will succeed if a file name ends with a dot followed by the Extension. Case is ignored.
- Extension check gives possible recognition results.
- Signature check will succeed if the Signature is found in the file content at the specified Offset.
- Signature check gives certain recognition results.
- If a Signature is specified Extension check will be disabled.
- Data Types application:
- Register on Symbian Signed.
- Get your device's
IMEI. Get your
*#06#as you would dial a number.
- Provide your device IMEI to Symbian Signed.
- Upload the SIS installer to Symbian Signed for signing.
- Download back the signed version and install it on your device.
- You may need to reboot your device after installation for changes to take effect.
|v1.00(64)||22 Aug 2012||Can now be installed on Nokia Belle FP1 devices|
|v1.00(60)||22 May 2009||Fixed crash upon deletion of the registry folder|
|v1.00(46)||20 May 2009||First public release|
Data Type Registry
Generic data type recognizer for S60